Who We Are
The Coalition began in 1985 as a result of a group of concerned citizens responding to families living in their cars and the state forest. The group raised support and opened the first shelter in a rented farmhouse in Halifax.
In 1994 generous donations of land and building materials enabled the Coalition to custom build a facility to accommodate ten families. This facility also houses our main offices, food pantry, Children’s Holiday Fund program, F.A.I.R. program, and learning center*.
* For more information on our programs, click here.
- Greg Deems Chairman
- Christie Nelson Treasurer
- Vivian Brock Clerk
- Marilyn Angley
- John Ryan
- Linda Heenan
- Lori Cotrone
- Joe Macuch
- Helen MacLean Executive Director
- Moira Coffey Business Manager
- Tara McCarthy Re-housing Case Manager
- Melissa Ferreira, Rehousing Case Worker
- Ariel Martinez Volunteer Program Coordinator
- Newton Sahn Residential Staff
- Janet Palmer, Residential Staff
- Victoria Anderson, Residential Staff
- Candace Cook, Residential Staff
- Dianne Cushing, Residential Staff
- Michelle Loughmiller, Residential Staff
- Brittany Morrison, Residential Staff