Who We Are
The Coalition began in 1985 as a result of a group of concerned citizens responding to families living in their cars and the state forest. The group raised support and opened the first shelter in a rented farmhouse in Halifax.
In 1994 generous donations of land and building materials enabled the Coalition to custom build a facility to accommodate ten families. This facility also houses our main offices, food pantry, Children’s Holiday Fund program, F.A.I.R. program, and learning center*.
* For more information on our programs, click here.
- Greg Deems Chairman
- John Ryan, Vice Chairman
- Christie Nelson Treasurer
- Linda Heenan, Clerk
- Linda Heenan
- Joe Macuch
- James Murphy
- Jeremy Devaney
- Helen MacLean, Executive Director
- Moira Coffey, Business Manager
- Tara McCarthy Re-housing Case Manager
- Newton Sahn, Residential Staff
- Candace Cook, Residential Staff
- Dianne Cushing, Residential Staff
- Michelle Loughmiller, Residential Staff
- Dominic Paradiso, Residential Staff
- Kimm Rash, Residential Staff
- Michelle Alexander, Residential Staff
- Joshua Roberts, Volunteer Program Coordinator